Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Customs Supervisor. Supervise and develop a highly motivated and executing department in the Customs Brokerage Account Setup Team (AST). Required to maintain compliance with corporate standards, and Customs & Border Protection (CBP) regulatory requirements for the establishment of accounts. Position will interact with clients, branch operations, sales, and other internal teams to ensure timely set up of accounts. Understand organizational goals and objectives and process to meet these. Provide guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administer company policies yet recommend changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Supervise all activities below in accordance with corporate policy and CBP regulations.
- Conduct an audit of documentation and systems to validate compliance with CBP regulations.
- Research and resolve internal and external customer complaints.
- Monitor and adjust as necessary workflows, prioritization, and resource allocations.
- Support management with staff training, administrative duties and projects as assigned.
- Monitor and maintain KPI performance at or above company standards.
- Prepare and submit assigned reports as required.
- Perform other and related duties as required.
Account Set Up:
- Acquire and validate all information and documentation required to establish an account.
- Review Power of Attorney and supporting documentation.
- Ensure compliance with CBP regulatory requirements of the legal authority.
- Substantiate the identity of accounts through legal entity validation, using various federal and state governmental websites.
- Issues Sub PoA’s as necessary to allow clearance at ports where 3rd parties are required.
- Prepare, submit and monitor PMS (Periodic Monthly Statement) requests to CBP.
- Maintain all documentation information in associated client files and scan images in electronic file system.
System Set Up:
- Perform data entry into all Customs related systems (Customs Link, IODP, TOPS, DSG ISF, etc.) related to the account set up
- Perform updates with CBP as required (CF5106)
- Analysis of situation or data
- Exercise judgment of procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Act as advisor to team as required to meet schedules or resolve problems
- Customs brokerage license is preferred but not required
- Understand results and impact of erroneous decisions or delays in process on internal and external customers
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills required
- Education- Bachelor’s or equivalent preferred but not required
- Years of working experience- 5-10, with at least 2 years Supervisory experience
- The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- The preceding is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Phoenix, AZ.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs