Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales | Grapevine, TX
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion's Logistics Division is in need of a Inside Sales for a distribution company located in Grapevine, TX (zip 76099). Compiles and computes freight rates and other charges for transportation services, according to rate tables and tariff regulations, by performing the following duties.
Job Requirements and responsibilities:
- Examines shipping bills to obtain description of freight, and classifies freight according to rate description. Consults rate schedule to obtain specific rate for each item classified depending on distance shipped. Computes total freight charge and records charges on shipping order.
- Calculates and records storage, re-delivery, and re-consignment charges when applicable.
- Answers inquiries from shippers regarding rates, routing, packing procedures and interline transportation procedures. Examines bills of lading and files claims with transportation companies for overcharges.
- Keeps records of freight movements.
- Coordinate & schedule client appointments for area Sales Executive.
- Maintain high levels of interaction with corresponding offices and suppliers of truck, ocean and air services
- Anticipates problems and acts pro-actively to solve them
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proficiency in MS Word / Outlook / Excel / Power point. Interest in promotion to outside sales.
Education and/or Experience:
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate written and oral information to current and potential clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility located in Grapevine, TX (zip 76099)
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.