Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales with Freight Forwarding background | Dallas Fort Worth
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of an Inside Sales with Freight Forwarding background to work at the Dallas Fort Worth, TX area. Compiles and computes freight rates and other charges for transportation services, according to rate tables and tariff regulations, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines shipping bills to obtain description of freight, and classifies freight according to rate description.
- Consults rate schedule to obtain specific rate for each item classified depending on distance shipped.
- Computes total freight charge and records charges on shipping order.
- Calculates and records storage, re-delivery, and re-consignment charges when applicable.
- Answers inquiries from shippers regarding rates, routing, packing procedures and interline transportation procedures.
- Examines bills of lading and files claims with transportation companies for overcharges.
- Keeps records of freight movements.
- Coordinate & schedule client appointments for area Sales Executive.
- Maintain high levels of interaction with corresponding offices and suppliers of truck, ocean and air services
- Anticipates problems and acts pro-actively to solve them.
- Must have Freight Forwarding background.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Proficiency in MS Word / Outlook / Excel / Power point. Interest in promotion to outside sales.
Education and Experience:
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate written and oral information to current and potential clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in Dallas Fort Worth
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs