Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trade Lane Manager I Miami, FL
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing is seeking a Trade Lane Manager for a company located in Miami, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop destination sales reps.
- Through Seminars, travel, phone communication, weekly reports
- Give sales reps tools to ensure their success
- Various programs to identify lost, gained business, proper information of company services, system tools, and guidance.
- Define expectations for Destination Agents with measurable results
- Setting goals/budgets for destination sales reps.
- Setting overall budget for port in all service areas.
- Knowledge of competition and pricing
- Ensure pricing is competitive to market levels, and profitable to the company.
- Have an understanding of competition, their pricing, their advantages & their disadvantages.
- Review Carrier selection with pricing team & review pricing for both co-load and retail business
- Interact with origin offices across the USA in both Sales and Operations.
- Provide feedback to our Warehouse division on loading issues.
- Keep constant communication with Destinations
- Knowledge of current accts – top accts, goal accts, lost accts
- Responsive to requests, issues.
- Office & Travel
- If not traveling, time should be spent in office working with destinations via email, phone. Targeting accts, lost accts, and even direct communication with select cnees via email and phone from office.
- Travel plans should be pre-set (dates of travel) for at least 3 months ahead. This is important because other people might also be traveling to same destination (air manager, imports manager, or colleague) & to help arrange other local events.
- Required travel between 12-14 weeks per year. Most trips will be held at one destination or Origin offices in the USA for a week.
- Training and company knowledge
- Your ports should have full knowledge of all systems tools
- Interaction with Owners / Managers
- Better input and evaluation of local sales reps
- Communication on expectations and current standings
- What will be needed to improve, grow in market.
- Direct input of success or failure of a destination sales person. The owner/manager must be aware of your satisfaction level.
- Keeping to budget expectations and P&L expectations.
Keys to Success:
- The right destination sales staff with the ability and desire to be successful
- Listen to the reps needs (understand & improve their obstacles)
- Recognize the strengths and development opportunities for the rep/agency
- Give them the tools to be successful (product knowledge, promotional materials, pricing, data on clients)
- Be responsive in a very timely manner. Show you care and your involvement!!
Applicants will work in Miami, FL
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided