ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Driver Training Instructor (Entry Level) - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Security Driver Training Instructor - Secret Clearance - Blackstone, VA
The Security Driver Training Instructor will serve as an instructor and course manager for security driver training courses with responsibility for planning, organizing, and presenting and/or managing the presentation of one or more of these courses and for evaluating training effectiveness to ensure that objectives are met. The incumbent also serves as a Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC) subject matter expert on security/counterterrorist driving, vehicle dynamics, motorcade operations, off road driving and other related areas.
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA.
- Plans, organizes, and instructs driver training courses
- Reviews established training objectives, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of assigned courses
- Researches and reviews current reports related to Diplomatic Security (DS) and introduces applicable information into driver training courses
- Resolves problems that occur in the preparation for and during training
- Complies with all Federal Law Enforcement Training and Accreditation (FLETA) accreditation standards
- Evaluates training effectiveness to ensure that training objectives have been met
- Reviews and analyzes trainee evaluations, feedback from other instructors, and personal observations
- Identifies need for and assists with revisions to course content and materials or instructional methods as necessary to improve the driver training curriculum effectiveness and quality
- Participates in curriculum review conferences
- Ensure optimum efficiency in the use of assigned resources
- Assists instructors in other security related subjects including terrorist operations, surveillance detection, attack recognition, and motorcade operations
- Provides assistance in conducting practical exercises when needed
- Presents security awareness briefings to a wide range or audiences
- Establishes and maintains liaison with a broad array of law enforcement, security, military, government and civilian organizations interested in or affected by security/defensive driving
- Keeps abreast of current security techniques, methods, and procedures in the security/counterterrorist driving, vehicle dynamics, and motorcade operations areas through attendance at training sessions, seminars, and workshops
- Assists in scheduling and planning classes by developing and maintaining close contact with program coordinators as well as with other appropriate training entities
- Submits training records in a timely manner
- Tests/evaluates new training courses and instructional materials
- Assists with equipment inventory and maintenance for assigned training programs
- Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- Periodic local travel (Washington DC and surrounding areas) and occasional overseas travel may be required
- High School diploma required; Associates degree preferred but demonstrated work experience in this field will be considered
- Certification as a driving instructor from a law enforcement academy or driver training school/academy with one (1) - three (3) years of instructor experience (must have taught at least one (1) class per week during that time)
- Previous Law enforcement or military instructor experience desired
- Knowledge of security/antiterrorist driving principles and concepts
- Knowledge of terrorist operations and surveillance detection
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics, engineering, and fabrication
- Basic knowledge of adult learning principles, course development, classroom and practical instructional presentation methods, and methods for evaluating training effectiveness
- Familiarity with the functions, responsibilities, and duties of Foreign Service personnel preferred
- Ability to provide in-car and classroom instruction for DS courses excluding off road and unimproved road driving techniques and tactical motorcades
- Ability to immediately analyze, predict, and preclude unsafe driving situations to ensure training exercises are conducted in a safe manner
- Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in order to plan and coordinate assigned responsibilities
- Skill in oral and written communications to present training to a variety of audiences and to prepare and present briefings
- Must have excellent people and organizational skills
- Ability to work outdoors where conditions may be unpleasant or uncomfortable, irregular and unscheduled hours and with exposure to personal risks
- Must be able to lift equipment and different types of tires when required
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company