Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Driver for Individuals with Developmental Disablities
at Arc Broward
Looking for a Transporter for our program participants to join our Arc Broward Team! The Van Driver is responsible for transporting adults with developmental disabilities between their Adult Day Training program and their homes. The driver will also responsible for ensuring the safety of all passengers in the vehicle.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- transport program participant between their homes and the Adult Day Training program in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain and complete accurate and thorough service documentation
- Provide direct supervision of individuals to ensure their health and safety while loading/unloading the vehicles and while being transported.
- Adequately conduct inspections of the vehicles as prescribed.
- Ensure that vehicles are generally maintained in a clean manner.
- Report any vehicle concerns in accordance with agency procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass physical and drug test
- Must be able to complete 5 days of new hire orientation class
- Professional driving experience
- Experience providing transportation services to children or adults with disabilities preferred
- Split shift 6:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- $10.00 / Hour
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities