Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Bus Driver Phoenix
at Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Job Reference #: 1609
Openings as of 4/19/2019
- School Bus Driver - 1609 Phoenix JobID: 1609
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
|SCHOOL BUS DRIVER|
|At ASDB, our bus drivers are an integral part of the communities they serve. Our ideal candidate will be committed to customer service and observes great working relationships and always prioritizes safety while operating a large vehicle. |
As a State agency, eligible employees (and their dependents), who are regularly scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week may participate in the Benefit Options Program. (Benefits: www.benefitoptions.az.gov) (Retirement: www.azasrs.gov)
• Safely transport students according to time schedules
• Maintain logs on attendance, repairs, and/or changes to routes
• Performs daily pre-trip inspections per licensing requirements
• Individual positions may be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or
other related duties
• Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit.
• Principles and practices of administration and management.
• Agency or program rules, regulations, and operating procedures.
• Federal and State rules on the operation of school buses
• Arizona rules/regulations related to pupil transportation
• Reading of gauges and indicators on school buses
• CPR, First Aid, and bus evacuation procedures
• Recognize a problem in the operation of a school bus and prepare a report
• Follow scheduled route within allotted timeline
• Communicate information and ideas effectively so others will understand
• Must be able to pass FBI and State background check.
• Must have or be able to obtain an Arizona Level 1 fingerprint clearance card.
• Defensive Driver Training program to be completed by all Agency personnel that drive on State business
• Positions working directly with students must obtain CIT (Crisis Intervention Training), CPR, and First Aid certification
• Valid Arizona Commercial Driver License with passenger and S endorsement
• Must be able to pass post offer physical
• ASL (American Sign language) appreciated but not required. We offer free sign classes.
|Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire. medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insuranceBenefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insuranceBenefit eligible employees are automatically covered for Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.|
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov |
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
To apply, click the link below.