Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete
Rapid Material Transport
Education and Experience:
- Class A CDL with HAZMAT and tanker endorsements required.
- GED or High School diploma as a minimum.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience hauling oversize & heavy equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational, follow-through, and communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Ability to “take ownership” of the job, think independently and be a problem solver.
- Ability to operate heavy trucks/tractor-trailers in a safe manner.
- Proficiency in planning, scheduling, and production.
- Team player with proven delegation and motivational skills.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability work effectively with all employee levels.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle laws, rules and regulations governing safe operation of heavy transport equipment.
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with Ace Asphalt policy.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
- Follows DOT rules and regulations regarding oversize loads and permits, and meets all DOT driver requirements.
- Loads/unloads supplies, equipment and materials by hand or using lifting equipment such as loaders, forklifts, excavators, and other available equipment.
- Secures equipment for shipment.
- Inspects and maintains company truck and trailer for proper operating conditions and schedules necessary repairs.
- Inspects tires, lights and brakes and checks fuel and oil levels. Reports deficiencies to the shop.
- Demonstrates safety while driving, loading and unloading machinery.
- Picks up and delivers equipment and supplies to appropriate locations and on a timely basis.
- Operates heavy-duty tank trucks, flatbeds, lowboys, and specially adapted vehicles and equipment related to heavy and oversize cargo.
- Checks, inspects, and reports conditions of all equipment being moved.
- Completes required paperwork at the end of each trip.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs in some cases.
- Steam cleans equipment and company vehicles.
- Works and communicates with internal and external clients and vendors in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Assists shop personal when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Number of Openings
Post Internal Days
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.