Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CMV Driver (61101)
at Capital Lumber
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have 65 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you are empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Operates commercial truck to deliver product to customers according to written orders, ensuring accurate product delivery at each stop.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Operates commercial tractor and trailer safely at all times including exiting and entering the yard, driving on public roads and delivering product to customer facilities.
- Provides excellent customer service in an efficient manner
- Conducts all driving in a safe and courteous manner
- Maintains DOT certifications and logs according to state and federal regulations and company policy
- Secures loads with belts and protects loads by tarping as necessary
- Assists unloading by removing tarps and belts assuring that correct product is removed from the trailer
- Maintains paperwork as necessary on deliveries and returns
- Maintains clean interior of vehicle
- Submits requests for cleaning of vehicle to keep neat appearance
- Presents personal appearance as pleasant, neat and clean as a representative of Capital
- Performs all required pre and post trip inspections on vehicle
- Promptly reports all truck maintenance issues and/or equipment failures
- Maintains a current, correct and legal logbook
- Informs supervisor in advance when legal driving and working hours are getting close to limit
- Weighs loads as required and does not attempt to drive a vehicle that is overweight
- Attend Drivers Safety Meetings as required
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education / Experience and Skills:
- 3 years previous experience as a Commercial Driver (Less may be required if a trainee position is available)
- Current CDL with a DOT Physical card or able to pass a DOT physical
- Familiar with current CSA rules and regulations
- Familiar with FMCSR Handbook rules
- Driving record that is acceptable to Insurance Provider
- Service focused attitude with ability to build collaborative relationships with customers and coworkers
- Ability to model the Capital values and provide innovative solutions
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce high quality results
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors and within truck, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.