El Dorado Public Schools USD 490
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at El Dorado Public Schools USD 490
Openings as of 7/9/2020
- Bus Driver JobID: 106
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Possesses current operator's license;
- Completes required First Aid and Defensive Driving courses;
- Demonstrates aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities;
- Attends scheduled meetings and conferences;
- Passes physical examination.
- Demonstrates literacy in reading, writing, and following directions/instructions.
- Has such other qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file.
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keeps interior of assigned bus clean.
- Observes assigned schedule.
- Checks bus for mechanical defects before each operation.
- Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or delays.
- Discharges students only at authorized stops.
- Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
- Transports only authorized students.
- Reports any accidents and completes required reports.
- Prepares list of students on assigned route who are eligible to be transported.
- Keeps accurate record of students being transported.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, intense work environment.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
Contact Kristy Lowrey, Director of Transportation, 316-322-4804.
Purpose: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curricular and extracurricular programs.
Responsible to: Transportation Supervisor/Mechanic/Maintenance, Secretary to Transportation/Director of Buildings and Grounds, and Director of Buildings and Grounds
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
Statement of Acknowledgement
I have received a copy of my job description and agree to the terms of employment.
Original: Personnel File