Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Canada Ramp Agent
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Our Ramp Agents are expected to:
- Perform the handling of cargo (mail, baggage, and freight) on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks.
- Transport cargo between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing and documenting cargo in a freight specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area.
- Responsible for pick-up and delivery of cargo, mail, baggage and freight from various aircrafts, facilities or staging areas.
- May be responsible for cleaning and servicing aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories.
- Transport furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors and may also be responsible for external servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, portable water, external electricity, airstart, and pre-conditioned air.
- May handle arrival and departure activities of aircraft including the cleaning aircraft windshield; pushing, towing and related guide person functions.
- Prepare weight and balance sheets for each flight prior to departure by making calculations based on aircraft load of passengers, baggage and fuel. Makes corresponding entries in computer system, provides updated corrections to scheduled departure flights.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid provincial driver’s license
- Possess the legal right to work in Canada
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Candidates must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to carry, bend, lift, and turn with bags and parcels weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Operate vehicles in areas congested with aircraft, moving and stationary vehicles, and equipment
- Must be able to move around aircraft interior which includes reaching, bending, and twisting in confined spaces
- Ability to perform all duties in various weather conditions and time constraints
Additional Position Details
- Candidate must fulfill a criminal background as well as be able to secure Transport Canada Clearance required to obtain a restricted area identification card (RAIC) , in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.