Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Package Handler- Warehouse
at FedEx Ground
FedEx Ground is an essential business that needs people to help us support the economy, handling life-saving medications and other items that keep our communities as prepared as possible during these uncertain times.
FedEx Ground will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
FedEx Ground is hiring part-time and full-time individuals to load and unload packages in our fast-paced warehouse environment. Part-time employees typically work a 2-4-hour shift per day. Full-time employees work approximately two shifts per day of varying lengths. Package Handlers are responsible for warehouse duties including: the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages of varying sizes and weights by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, scanning, placing packages, as well as physical bending, twisting, kneeling and etc. in a safe and efficient manner. Shifts may vary depending on warehouse package volume and business needs.
Package Handlers will receive a competitive hourly rate and are eligible for an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, holiday pay, parental leave and tuition assistance after completion of an eligibility period. Flexible schedules are offered at many of our locations and will be discussed during the hiring process.
Individuals who are interested in starting their journey with FedEx Ground must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to watch a virtual job preview before moving forward with the employment application process.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process.
Zip Code: 30071
Domicile Location: P301
Additional Location Information: PACKAGE HANDLER
Please read the entire document.
Responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner. Package Handlers (PHs) may be assigned to or rotate through various areas and positions such as Loader, Unloader, Scan Weigh and Key (SWAK), Quality Assurance (QA), Facer, Switcher, etc.
* Utilizes "hand-to-surface" methods for all package handling.
* Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings.
* Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
* Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
THINGS TO KNOW.
* Start and End times are based off work volume-
* FedEx Ground Operates 7 days a week
* FedEx Ground provides an essential service and will remain opened during any COVID-19 shelter in place and/or curfew orders.
* Package handler jobs are offered contingent upon background approvals. Please ensure you complete all required links within the email request to complete the background screening. If something is wrong with your background screening, you will receive an email from First Advantage with further instructions-
Shifts and Starting Hourly Rate:
Preload: As earlier as 2am- Until work is complete - $12.70 per hour
Outbound/Evening: As earlier as 4PM- Until work is complete - $12.20 per hour
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce