St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Class A Tractor Trailer Driver
at St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance
Class A Tractor Trailer Driver
Looking for a new opportunity as a Class A Tractor Trailer Driver? Are you interested in working for an organization that serves the community you live in? Consider joining St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance (SMFBA) at our Phoenix, Arizona location. The Class A Tractor Trailer Driver will pick up and deliver donated food and bring donations back to the warehouse for unloading/reloading. In addition, the driver will deliver to other area food banks and/or agencies, distribution centers and pick up product from write-ins and other unscheduled destinations. Our Class A Tractor Trailer Drivers act in the capacity of Customer Service Representatives in their daily contact with donors.
Pay starts at $18/hr. Hours are M-F Saturdays might be required on occasions 4:45-until route is complete. Some overnight/Layover deliveries will be required.
Responsibilities of the Class A Tractor Trailer Driver include, but are not limited to:
- Up-keep of assigned company vehicles to ensures, fueling, DOT and appearance standards are met.
- Assisting in the loading/unloading of SMFBA trucks under the direction of warehouse authority.
- Operating manual or electric pallet jacks according to SMWFBA policy and OSHA standards.
- Pre-loading equipment needed for the following day’s route if needed.
- Washing out trailers/truck boxes to ensure cleanliness.
- Completing Driver Record of Duty and Vehicle Inspection Reports daily as required by the Department of Transportation
- Maintaining the proper handling of food to ensure specific temperatures measures and cross contamination guidelines are adhered to.
- Properly labeling pallets and Food Drive boxes.
- Accurately and neatly filling out Donation Receipts with required information.
- Picking-up and delivering food donations, ensuring on-time standards are met.
- Maintaining excellent relations with Food Donors/merchants and individuals at all times.
- Completing daily reports.
- Driving a Class A or B truck to complete a pick-up or delivery.
- Filling-in on local store route pickups if needed.
- Reporting to the Transportation Manager/ Driver Supervisors for disposition during down time or delays.
- Loading and unloading truck with a pallet jack and lift gate.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- A high school diploma or GED.
- One year experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- Good driving record.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- CDL (Class A) license.
- Current DOT Medical Certification.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish - helpful.
- Ability to move and/or lift 50-75 lbs. on a consistent basis.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/