Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Account Manager - Florida & Georgia
Fleetistics is looking to grow our sales team by adding a territory manager for most of Florida and another in Georgia. The territory manager will set appointments with new and existing clients to present fleet products and services. Experience managing a territory, attending events, working with Ford/OEMs, association meetings and trade shows is all part of this role. The ability to establish a long-term relationship and partner with customers is a key skillset. Being in the field requires exceptional organization and discipline. A proven track record of successful territory management and relationship building is important to this position. The territory will cover most of Florida.
- Location: Live in Central Florida in order to drive most of Florida.
- Environment: Small-medium business, business casual (under 15 team members)
- Hours: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, M-F or as needed
- Compensation: Base + commission
- Start Date: Jul, 2020
- Achieve sales goal
- Consistent and productive networking
- Participation in associations
- Set sales appointments and relationship meetings
- Give presentations and speak to associations.
- Become a subject matter expert in fleet operations and technology. [GPS tracking, two-way radios, data integration, routing, maintenance]
- Account Management experience for: Geotab, Fleetmatics, Verizon Connect, other GPS tracking or telematics is a big plus
- Prospect to find new leads, upsell existing customers, and ask for referrals
- Experience selling products or services to car dealerships
- Knowledge of fleet operations, trucking, fleet maintenance software, B2B cellular sales experience
- Experience: Minimum of 3+ years outside business development as a territory manager
- Networking experience & personable
- Selling to service, delivery or fleets a plus
- Well-spoken, well dressed and presentable
- Strong online presentation skills (Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx)
- Public speaking is a plus
- Ability to close sales, prospect and be creative in approach
- Ability to consult with prospects and customers at a higher level
- Plan and manage relationships, pilot programs and respond to multiple RFP's at once (Microsoft Word)
- Travel to trade shows
- Initiative to solve problems
- 1-2 months of studying, practice and ramping up to be successful
- Position requires a high level of initiative to learn as much as possible and to hone skills.
- Learning the industry, ordering process, products, features, and services require dedication to achieve the end goal and being comfortable on a computer.
- Base salary + commission
- Paid holidays + 2 weeks paid time off each year
- Health insurance allowance – PPO or HMO options
- Car allowance
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, Associates considered with related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working quickly and efficiently on a PC is a must
- Pass a typing test at 40+ WPM - all details are entered on a computer (Windows OS)
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Word in order to respond to RFPs
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Lift up to 40 pounds for setting at trade shows
- Walk or stand for up to 8 hours per day for trade show
- Working and reliable transportation to visit local customer sites
- No criminal record
- Good driving record with insurance and no more than 3 moving violations in the past 5 years