Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VALET ATTENDANT BOOTH
at Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
As a member of the Hotel Department, the role of a Valet Booth Attendant is to greet guests as they arrive and depart from the casino/hotel, answer questions and build memorable relationships with our guests. The Valet Booth Attendant plays a key role in creating a lasting impression when our guests arrive and depart, therefore an outgoing energetic, genuine and customer oriented personality is vital for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Manages booth at all times so as to allow parkers to offer fast and efficient service.
· Hangs all keys on correct key post in a neat and organized fashion
· Ensures booth, podium and Porte Cochere areas are clean, organized and well maintained
· Enters information in computer system
· Maintains accurate and timely key counts to track valet volume
· Greets the customers at all times (acknowledges waiting guests).
· Manage valet through lane remains clear
· Opens passenger(s) and driver doors (when applicable).
· Makes Suggestions for property promotions and activities highlighting revenue generating opportunities.
· Builds customer relationships while guests are waiting for their vehicles.
· Accepts any gratuities from guests and drops them as part of the valet parker tip pool. Position is classified as "non-tipped".
· Maintain energy level and remain attentive while standing on feet during throughout 8-10 hour shift.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, bend, squat, walk or run.
· Must be able to run and stand for up to 10 hours per day.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Offers assistance to guests with luggage, in the absence of a Bell Person, to reduce wait time for guests.
· Move a guest vehicle forward to stage for retrieval/park
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED required
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Customer service experience desired.
· Computer experience and proficiency in common computer applications and Internet Use is preferred.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
· Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
· Must present a polished, impeccable appearance and a professional demeanor.
· Must perform duties with a sense of urgency.
· Must be able to work flexible hours and be open to corrective feedback and direction.
· Must be personable and energetic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to handle large/heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat, walk and run.
- Must be able to stand up to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).