Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Valet - Full Time
at Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
TheValet Parker is to greet guests as they arrive and depart from thecasino/hotel, answer questions and build memorable relationships with ourguests. As the Valet Parker you willhave the opportunity to work outside, enjoy the fresh air and move swiftly toretrieve vehicles and entertain guests. The Valet Parker plays a key role increating a lasting impression when our guests arrive and depart, therefore anoutgoing energetic, genuine and customer oriented personality is vital for thisposition.
· Receives vehicle from guests and fills out parking ticket, checking forand recording damage.
· Opens and closes vehicle doors for all guests parking in valet.
· Parks vehicle in correct area and stores key and ticket in Valet Boothfollowing established procedures.
· Retrieves car from parking area and returns key to guest.
· Handles guest vehicles safely and cautiously at all times.
· Maintains acceptable appearance of Valet Booth and Porte Cochere.
· Greets the customers at all times. Opens passengers and driver doors. Provides wheelchair assistance if necessary.
· Maintains proper uniform standards.
· Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself asa credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
· Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat, walk and run
· Must be able to run and stand up to 10 hours per day.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory,departmental and company policies.
· Understands and communicates current or upcoming marketing promotionsto the customers.
· High schooldiploma/GED is required.
· One-year of Valetexperience preferred.
The requirementslisted are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required tofulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must be able to speak,read, write and understand English.
· Must be at least18 years of age.
· Must have andmaintain a valid AZ Drivers License and successful Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
· Must have theability to deal with a variety of people in a courteous and professional manner.
· One-year of Valetexperience preferred.
· Must have basicknowledge of local area.
· Must bepersonable and energetic.
· Must present awell groomed appearance.
· Must performduties with a sense of urgency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as up and down stairs.
- Must be able to drive all types of passenger vehicles with automatic or manual transmissions in a safe and timely fashion.
- Ability to handle large/heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat, walk and run.
- Must be able to run and stand up to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to work with and tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
· Must be able tooperate in mentally and physically stressful situations
· Must be able towork a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily anexhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, effortsor working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended tobe an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right torevise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performedwhen circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload,rush jobs or technical developments).