Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Prefer high school diploma or equivalent. Up-to-date or ability to obtain Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)/restraint certification and current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training certification. A valid Arizona Commercial Driver License (CDL), passenger “P”, and school bus “S” driver license endorsement.
Safely and efficiently transports students abiding local, state, and/or federal guidelines and/or policies according to the set time schedule.
- Complies with local traffic regulations.
- Reports delays or accidents.
- Performs bus inspection according to Department of Public Safety guidelines.
- Implements and maintains appropriate discipline program(s).
- Provides a welcoming, friendly, and safe environment for students.
- Reads and understands map(s) and route instructions
- Operates two-way radio.
- Operates District buses and white fleet vehicles.
- Operates wheel chair lift properly and safely.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: recordkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and District software.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires driving, sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Full Time Employee Benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Friday, November 13, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)