Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Build Technician Electrical
at Local Motors, Inc.
- The chassis tech position is responsible for executing build activities as needed. Will conducts all manufacturing department processes and assists the senior tech as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a chassis tech, you will be responsible for required to install of sub system such as powertrain, High voltage battery, read electrical schematic, understanding of Dbm meter, capable of soldiering, basic wiring skills, and able to complete defined Electrical process defined by manufacturing.
- Must be willing to work in a cross functional organization and be willing to support other area of build based on production needs.
- You will demonstrate the ability to fulfill process related electrical build in responsible for the safe and accurate construction of Local Motors vehicles per the Standard operating procedures.
- This includes not only building vehicles according to specification, but testing and diagnosis of each vehicle both within our facility and follow up with quality and other manufacturing cells. This role requires an equal level of not only technical mechanical skills but people skills as well.
- Lead team to complete scheduled work on the Manufacturing floor.
- Coordinate activities across function.
- Escalate issues or decision effectively to production manager.
- Containment of issues as they arise on shift and work with quality and engineer.
- Involved in hands-on execution of manufacturing operations.
- Accountability for results.
- Contribute toward authoring SOPs and Job aids, associated to
- Support the implementation of Kanban and 5S systems to Full production environment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
- Technical field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive concentration preferred.
Qualifications & Skills:
Ten years of progressive production experience in the Automotive related industry is required. A working knowledge of all new processes and procedures relating to new products transfer and launch. Mechanical aptitude relative to the understanding of 3D printing and manufacturing fabrication methods. Proficiency in MS Office spreadsheet software preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for conflict resolution. The ability to read, write, follow and train others in complex instructions.