Page Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Shop Mechanic / Parts / Bus Driver
at Page Unified School District
Openings as of 5/29/2020
- Transportation Shop Mechanic / Parts / Bus Driver JobID: 222
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Unitl Filled TITLE: Transportation Shop Mechanic / Parts / Bus Driver
- Good driving record, No DUI in past 5 years
- Able to acquire an Arizona CDL license, P&S Endorsements, Arizona Bus Driver Certificate.
- Knowledge of basic bus equipment operation and routine servicing
- Able to pass required physical examination, pre employment, biannual physical, post accident, random and reasonable suspicion drug/alcohol test
- Ability to communicate with students
- Skilled in managing groups of students
- Knowledge of basic emergency procedures
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated success in performing a wide variety of related tasks requiring an understanding of automotive preventive care, service and maintenance
- Four years of experience in diesel / automotive repair preferably with a school district or transportation fleet facility
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Operate vehicles in accordance with Arizona Highway Traffic Division regulations, and with Page USD #8 policies and regulations.
- Promote high standards of safety and good housekeeping methods in work connected areas.
- Assist the Transportation Director in overseeing the work performed by the mechanic assistants and the shop service help.
- Work with the Bus Drivers in determining the problems with their vehicles to determine plan of action for repairs.
- Other related duties as assigned
- The School District reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment
- Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Inspects, tests, and aligns bus lights and wheels and maintains electrical systems and controls. Balances wheels to minimize wear on tires and rotates wheels at prescribed mileage intervals. Tunes up engine to maintain combustion control standards. Adjusts equipment to standards set by state DOT for monitor vehicle inspections and safety standards.
- Disassembles, inspects and replaces worn or broken parts. Fits and adjusts new or repaired parts.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Uses hoist wrenches, gauges, drills or grinders, or other specialized mechanic tools and equipment.
- Performs limited bodywork and repainting on vehicles after a breakdown or accident.
- Oils and greases vehicles; changes filters.
- Maintains part usage records and orders repair parts from designated suppliers.
- Required to maintain small parts storeroom.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- All other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Classified Level 9
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
EVALUATION: Annually by the Director of Transportation
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Month
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!