Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DISPATCHER - ALBUQUERQUE AMBULANCE
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Org : Name
- SYSTEM STATUS MANAGEMENT
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
The associate SSC is responsible for emergent and non-emergent call entry along with deployment and management of AAS resources. The core responsibilities of the associate SSC are receiving and triaging emergency medical telephone calls along with dispatching medical ambulance crews to designated locations in order to provide prehospital care to injured or ill patients for the Albuquerque Ambulance Service at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Reports to the Communications Commander.
* Receives emergency medical telephone calls and dispatch medical ambulance crews to designated city locations to provide prehospital care to injured or ill patients for the Albuquerque Ambulance Service at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
* Receives emergency and non-emergency medical telephone calls and dispatches medical crews to the designated location.
* Daily telephone contacts are made with other department employees, physicians, and the general public to provide and obtain information regarding patient transport, location of emergency call, department Information and the like.
* Infrequent contacts are made with Administrators, other department directors, and vendors to receive and refer information.
* Maintains accurate, legible dispatch records for the department to determine emergency medical crew availability.
* Maintains positive communications and collaboration with city hospitals' emergency departments regarding incoming calls.
* Provides current local weather and road conditions and call locations, and assigns vehicles to department staff.
*Provides and maintains an accurate, legible log of completed and canceled calls.
* Prepares an informative briefing log for the relief dispatcher.
* Attends department staff meetings and/or pertinent in-services and may attend workshops and/or seminars.
* Other functions as assigned
* High School Diploma or GED
* Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand needs and explain data
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicans, and physican office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* IAED, BLS, and NM EMD required within 1 year of hire.
High School Diploma or GED
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.