Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Pueblo of Jemez is a federally recognized sovereign Native American nation in central New Mexico with a 2014 population of 3,719. The Pueblo of Jemez government provides services to its citizens and protects them. It ensures that proper infrastructure are set up and well maintained for the people to be happy, safe and healthy. Current operations include health and human services, education services, police protection, emergency medical services, judicial services, public works, natural resources management, social services, housing and community development - most of which are funded by federal and state governments compacts, contracts and grants.
The Jemez Comprehensive Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing comprehensive primary care and preventive care and hosts a medical clinic, dental clinic, optometry clinic, pharmacy, radiology services, mental health and substance abuse services and several community health programs.
As a member of the Transportation program, the Van Driver transports clients on a daily basis to and from the Health Center for medical appointments.
- The Van Driver transports clients to and from the Health Center for medical appointments; maintains established schedule of services.
- Inspects vehicle to ensure that it is in a clean and operable condition; reports the need for service or repair.
- Drives the vehicle to and from various locations, following a pre-established schedule or on an on-call basis.
- Stops vehicle at various locations to pick-up and let off passengers; assists passengers with disabilities in embarking and disembarking and may load and unload luggage, packages and other items as required.
- Answers questions and provides information to passengers as required; may provide information to medical and social service providers regarding client status.
- Completes monthly transportation statistical units of service for state and federal reports.
- Assists program staff with coordination and gathering of Information related to clients needs/desires and trends for planning long and short range goals.
- Cleans and maintains all program vehicles as needed.
- Observes safe work methods.
- Maintains basic records of work performed.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision and work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND one (1) year of experience driving a passenger van/bus.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s license.
- CPR & First Aid certification or obtained within 60 days of hire.
- Medical Examiner Certificate, DOT physical long form.
- Tuberculosis test and Hepatitis B Series vaccinations pre-employment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Laws, rules and regulations for operating a motor vehicle in the state of New Mexico.
- Streets and roads located within the Pueblo and vicinity.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Basic records management principles and practices.
- Driving a vehicle skillfully and safely.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed, including clients transported.
- Understanding and following oral and written directions.
- Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Dealing effectively with disabled individuals and others needing special assistance.