Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver - Juneau Alaska
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Must be willing to work any shift, any day
We are looking for a local delivery driver (truck driver) to join our expanding team at our Juneau facility.
Food Services will work with the hired applicant in obtaining their Class B driving certificate.
This position includes a $5,000.00 hiring bonus with the payout beginning once the person has at least a Class B-CDL.
Join Our Team!
- Accurately, safely, and efficiently deliver merchandise using hand-trucks, ramps and/or lift gates to customers on a predetermined delivery route. May include delivering products up and down stairs and in all types of weather.
- Operate all working equipment safely and efficiently, including but not limited to hand truck, pallet jack, scanner and printer.
- Provide the highest level of service and product integrity for every customer by safe and timely delivery of customer orders.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- Accurately record delivery by verifying delivery of items with customers and obtaining proper signatures at the time of delivery.
- Practice Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines to reduce risks for crashes, injuries and fatalities.
- Utilize onboard computer to appropriately record mileage, hours of service and maintain driver log to adhere to state and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines.
- Complete comprehensive pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections and DVIRs.
- Maintain legal weight limits and distributions.
- Practice defensive driving skills and proper body mechanics to ensure safe driving and delivering practices.
- Clean driving record with Class B license preferred.
- Minimum of one year ramp experience within the past 5 years
- The ability to lift 100 lbs. several times a day.
- Familiar with surrounding area and be able to read a map/guide.
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic laws.
- Requires knowledge of vehicle maintenance and operation.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must be hard working and self-motivated.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Frequent stand/walk during delivery activities.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 65 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling frequently up to 175 lbs., and occasionally up to 200 lbs. using both hands/arms, to transport loaded hand truck up/down curbs and stairs.
- Frequent steering and maneuvering gear controls and clutch to safely drive vehicle.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time, exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.