Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver - Juneau Alaska
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Must be willing to work any shift, any day
We are looking for a local delivery driver (truck driver) to join our expanding team at our Juneau facility.
Food Services will work with the hired applicant in obtaining their Class B driving certificate.
Join Our Team!
- Deliver merchandise, off-load items using hand-truck and truck ramp, with accompanying paperwork, to customers along a predetermined delivery route in a safe and efficient manner.
- Practice safety every step of the way.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Maintain the highest level of delivery accuracy by checking each product off invoice or delivery manifest or through the proper and consistent use of Driver Hand Held (if available)
- Contribute to work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company policies and manuals and as set forth in our business practices.
- Complete all required documents pertaining to delivery, pick up, Federal Motor Carrier/DOT, food safety and inventory custody.
- Work with Credit Department on problems pertaining to all customer deliveries.
- Must be personable in working with customers relating to delivery or pickup problems.
- Advise Router or transportation supervisor of changes in routes to help achieve most profitable routes, i.e., stop sequence, special instructions, new or dropped accounts.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail while constantly aware of the work surroundings when operating a vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clean driving record with Class B license preferred.
- Minimum of one year ramp experience within the past 5 years
- The ability to lift 100 lbs. several times a day.
- Familiar with surrounding area and be able to read a map/guide.
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic laws.
- Requires knowledge of vehicle maintenance and operation.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must be hard working and self-motivated.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Frequent stand/walk during delivery activities.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 65 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling frequently up to 175 lbs., and occasionally up to 200 lbs. using both hands/arms, to transport loaded hand truck up/down curbs and stairs.
- Frequent steering and maneuvering gear controls and clutch to safely drive vehicle.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time, exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.