Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Monday - Friday, 2 AM - 10:30 AM
Food Services of America is the 6th largest broadline food service distributor in the nation. As a privately-held, family-owned broadline foodservice distributor, we serve customers throughout the mid-west, west and Alaska. Along with our sister companies in the SGA Family of Companies, we successfully serve the needs of our customers whether they be independent or a chain; public or private; national, regional or local.
Offering great pay, benefits and a $2500 sign on bonus.
Tuition reimbursements opportunity after 90 days for ASE certifications and after 1 year for College Tuition.
Work Hours: 2 AM - 10:30 AM
Position reports to: Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Job Description: Perform maintenance and repairs of trucks, trailers, refrigeration and support equipment to ensure equipment is ready and available for deliveries.
- Identify repairs to be made to vehicles by visual inspection and by utilizing electronic troubleshooting
- Perform preventative maintenance, ie changing truck oil, gear lubes, rotate and replace tires, brake repair/replacement and clutch repair/replacement
- Rebuild/overhaul truck engines and transmissions in accordance with the engine overhaul manual to prevent breakdowns
- Repair driveline components by removing and replacing transmission clutch and rear drive units
- Respond to road calls to repair equipment that has become inoperable during product delivery to ensure timely deliveries and minimal downtime
- Perform trailer and interior work
- Perform refrigerator repair
- Document troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repair activities
- Communicate and coordinate tasks with Shop Lead Mechanic
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess valid CDL or obtain one within 180 days of hire date.
- Experience in trouble shooting and repairs of Power systems, Electrical, Brake, Suspension, Air systems, Drive trains, Clutches, Steering Assemblies, refrigeration systems and all other truck/trailer related components.
- 1 year of experience as an equipment mechanic, including maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulic systems & mobile refrigeration systems preferred
- Possess basic computer skills
- History of organizing and prioritizing work-flow
- Experience in fast-paced repair shop environment where multi-tasking is required
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings
- Provide own hand tools
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled