Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- 40+, some overtime expected, shift TBD
Food Services of America believes in giving the best possible service to both our customers and our associates. We are currently looking for a diesel mechanic to fill an opening in our truck shop. If you take pride in your work and are looking for a place that can help you fulfill your American Dream, come check out FSA!
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and repair for trucks, trailers, refrigeration units & dollies.
- Welding, cutting and basic fabrication.
- Electronic troubleshooting utilizing manufacturer computer applications.
- Work both inside the shop and outdoors.
- Document troubleshooting and repair activities.
- Communicate and coordinate tasks with Shop Manager.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent required, Associate Degree in diesel mechanics preferred.
- Experience in trouble shooting and repairs of all truck/trailer related components preferred.
- 5 years of progressive experience as an equipment mechanic, including maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulic systems & mobile refrigeration systems preferred.
- Valid drivers license. Must be willing to obtain Class A CDL.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work-flow.
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in fast-paced repair shop environment where multi-tasking is required.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Self starter with desire to succeed.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through on assigned responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work required overtime and some holidays.
- Provide own tools - tool allowance available.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status