Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Transportation Supervisor - Central Oregon
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
Food Services of America is a privately held company that is currently seeking a Regional Transportation Supervisor to lead our delivery team in the Central Oregon area. Based out of Redmond, this onsite supervisor would be responsible for the growth and development of the Central Oregon team which includes managing up to 4 satellite locations, emphasizing safety, teamwork, and customer service.
- Supervises drivers with leadership and communication and develops teamwork among the Operations Team. Fosters cooperation between drivers and warehouse associates.
- Observes safe work habits and coaches to improve safety at all times; conducts safety checks.
- Reviews the driver route itineraries to determine route profitability and proper logistics. Debriefs drivers on time windows and improvements that can be made to avoid delays, reduces mileage and increases cases per route. Communicates to the routers on recommended changes and follows up with the drivers for feedback.
- Trains driver associates to work safely and efficiently at all times and coaches when expectations are not met. Provides feedback to drivers on progress from observations, accuracy of deliveries scanning product, customer service and performance.
- Coaches drivers to use best practices, Smith System safe driving techniques and to adhere to SOP for delivery and driving compliance. Follow up with all drivers with coaching and training involved in work related injuries, near misses and collisions.
- Debriefs drivers on loading and selection issues for follow-up with documentation to warehouse supervision for improvement in stacking, securing product and the proper loading to prevent damage and improve unloading efficiencies.
- Reviews productivity, accuracy reports, and new hire training progress to best service our customers and perform safe productive deliveries. Takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Mentors and oversees new drivers and conducts weekly progress checks for new drivers.
- Tracks performance of all drivers and conducts spot checks.
- Monitors and posts driver productivity on a monthly basis.
- Ensures good working relationships within the department and with other departments, communicates effectively with associates and managers. Sets priorities and requirements to help develop plans of action. Communicates resolutions of plans, takes action, set priorities and meets deadlines. Monitors and follows up on results.
- Observes and coaches on delivery unloading techniques and scanner procedures to improve accuracy and service customers.
- Monitors drivers to ensure proper procedures are followed being followed.
- Adheres to all OSHA Safety Requirements, DOT regulations, and Federal and State laws for the delivery and distribution of goods. Reviews CSA records and takes corrective steps for improving safety compliance. Communicates to driver associates their responsibilities and requirements.
- Tracks routers progress, measures results to the business objectives, and provides routing the direction to meet goals set in the branch business plan. Discusses opportunities with Sales management to improve order size, scheduling and to optimize routing efficiencies. Meets monthly to open the lines of communication between sales and operations and attends sales meetings to discuss plans for improvements.
- Communicates with Customer Service regarding delivery issues.
- Assists with accident and injury investigations as needed.
- Coaches on working safely every day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Post-Secondary education or training in Transportation preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- In-depth knowledge of Central Oregon geographical areas
- Experience with Roadnet routing software and scheduling
- Class A CDL required, or ability to obtain one within 180 days.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT hours of service regulations, Class A CDL’s and FMCSR’s.
- Knowledge of distribution, shipping and receiving.
- Ability to read and comprehend maps, including internet mapping sites
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and motivate associates
- Experience in prioritizing multiple deadlines
- Proven track record in problem solving
- Travel required up to 50% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.