Location: Saint Anne's Hospital
Posted Date: 9/8/2020
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
Demonstrates accuracy and efficiency in coordinating human and other resources to transport patients
- Schedules the drivers to accommodate the patients of the oncology program
- Coordinates the scheduling of the oncology patients with the social workers/staff of Medical and Radiation Oncology Departments
- Appropriately prioritizes patients for transportation when there are conflicting needs
- Accepts and triages phone calls for transportation needs
- Ensures that the system for receiving request is effective and timely meeting the patients and other customer needs
Transports patients to and from treatment and clinic areas
- Reviews the day’s schedule and determines that each patient’s schedule and pick up time is accurate
- Works with the key department individuals to identify special needs or concerns
- Attends to the patient’s comfort and welfare at all times
- Notifies the department when the patient arrives
- Adheres to all state, local, hospital and private traffic regulations and reports any incidents or concerns immediately to supervisor, including suspension of driver’s license
Maintains vans and related equipment in good working condition
- Sets up a schedule for routine maintenance of the van
- Consistently monitors the vans for unexpected equipment break down by visually inspecting the vehicle and reports problems immediately
- Ensures that the van’s interior is clean and maintained
- Maintains daily activity log, noting times accurately
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: Previous experience as a driver of a patient population or related experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid Driver’s License in good standing