Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Transporter - Full Time, 1p-9:30p
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Patient Transport Service for following all department and hospital policies, procedures and standards of care and practice. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the PSA – Transport checklist.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs customer services related to direct patient care.
- Transports patients and equipment, and supplies as needed.
- Collects, transports, stores and /or disposes of refuse related materials safely.
- Performs quick cleaning of patient rooms in ED and radiology.
- Stocks supplies in the patient care area.
- Provides nutritional support to the patient.
- Instructs patients prior to radiology exams
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with no prior experience or specialized training. After orientation up to three month’s experience on this or related jobs is required to perform essential functions.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Certification in BLS by the American Heart Association required or obtain within 3 months of hire date.