Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Storeroom Clerk/Driver - Part time
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible to Steward Health Care for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Distribution for receiving, shipping, storing and delivery of goods and equipment as well as the filling and delivery of requisitions for supplies. Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of supplies and necessary items. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
Primary Shifts: 5a-1:30p and 7a-3:30p
Additional Shifts: 5a-9a and 7a-11a
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Receives, verifies, signs and delivers all incoming goods and supplies. Notifies Supervisor of any unusual circumstances or discrepancies, enters data into computer inventory system and checks accuracy against printed documentation.
- Deliver received items to their proper locations/ departments including the placements of items into storeroom inventory.
- Delivers to and picks up items from various outside entities/ agencies.
- Fills requisitions for departments of items located in inventory and the delivery of the same to each user or requesting department.
- Prepares, weighs and ships out-going packages as required.
- Reviews inventory and fills out inventory sheets for Distribution supervisor.
- Operates vehicles as required for day-to-day delivery and operational needs.
- Assists in taking physical inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED preferred with related experience or training in distribution and basic computer skills. After orientation, up to one month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions of the job. Previous experience with office equipment (computers, adding machines) required. Requires up to one year’s experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION