The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: AURORA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position dispatches vehicles and communicates with Transportation Officers to ensure that they are transporting detainees according to posted schedules.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Issues orders for vehicle departures specified times and according to posted schedules.
- Arranges for effective coverage of vehicles, Transportation Officers, or management in case of accidents or heavy traffic.
- Maintains tracking of all vehicles.
- Informs supervisor of any problems that occur with the vehicles or their passengers.
- Inspects drivers' appearance and physical condition prior to dispatch.
- Maintains vehicle history reports for fleet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous experience as a dispatcher preferred. Previous experience in a customer service occupation preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Ability to listen and get clarification and details.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.