The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: BROWARD TRANSITION CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position dispatches vehicles and communicates with Transportation Officers to ensure that they area transporting detainees according to posted schedules.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Issues orders for vehicle departures specified times and according to posted schedules.
- Arranges for effective coverage of vehicles, Transportation Officers, or management in case of accidents or heavy traffic.
- Maintains tracking of all vehicles.
- Informs supervisor of any problems that occur with the vehicles or their passengers.
- Inspects drivers' appearance and physical condition prior to dispatch.
- Maintains vehicle history reports for fleet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A valid “Class B” or “Class C” Chauffeurs Driver’s License (CDL) with a Passenger (P) endorsement at time of hire.
- Eighty (80) hours of verified and certified driver’s training from an approved company trainer and as defined by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or Military.
- Certification in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or Military.
- A current driver’s license with no preventable accidents, suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2) moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3) years.
- Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol test.
- Ability to work overtime frequently.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent overnight stays.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.