The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTH MOUNTAIN YOUTH CENTER
Compensation Base: $27,040 annually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position drives a corporate vehicle or a company approved vehicle to transport clients, or their families to and from the program/facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate company vehicle according to state and federal laws in order to transport clients, staff members, and administrative support to and from the program/facility for business related appointments according to assigned schedule.
- Assist in the maintenance of assigned vehicles by inspecting each vehicle prior to use, routine cleanliness vehicle checks, and performing minor maintenance as required and document service work performed.
- Supervise clients to ensure safety and security of clients and manage client behavior.
- Provide emergency medical treatment (i.e. first aid) in the event of a medical problem during transport.
- Document trip and any significant incidents that occurred during transport in vehicle log. Communicate significant client incidents or related issues to supervisors immediately.
- Administer Medication to residents while on transports and timely document their efforts as needed.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.