The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PART TIME DRIVER
at The Geo Group
Facility: MONROE MEDICAL PARK, LA DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for securely transporting participants between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that all potential safety defects are reported to the Program Manager.
- Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before beginning a trip. Notifies the Program Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip. Notifies the Program Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the facility according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that participants are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining participants at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations.
- Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while transporting participants, including but not limited, to all application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed information, both verbally and written, to requesting authorities.
- Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when ready.
- May perform the duties of a Client Service Specialist (“CSS”) as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- A current driver’s license with no preventable accidents, suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2) moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3) years.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER