The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SHIPPING SPECIALIST I TEMP
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for assisting with the process that ensures that all customer orders and returns are shipped in an accurate, timely and cost effective manner.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Boxes all outgoing customer orders and repairs. Checks shipments to ensure that they are complete and correct. Keeps accurate records of all orders shipped. Tracks as necessary.
- Updates service database to reflect daily shipments.
- Tracks outgoing shipments as requested.
- Collects, tracks and sends all outgoing Federal Express shipments daily. Contacts sender if information is incomplete or unable to send via FedEx.
- Reviews outgoing orders and shippers’ rates to obtain most cost effective method of shipment.
- Communicates with Manufacturing and the stockroom to ensure that product is delivered to Shipping in time to meet carrier deadlines.
- Communicates with Manufacturing and the stockroom to reduce the number of stock out situations.
- Ensures that all shipping costs are charged to the appropriate department.
- Keeps shipping and receiving area neat, clean and well organized.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One to three years experience in shipping/receiving function.
- Manufacturing floor – shipping/receiving area.
- Work may require exposure to weather conditions.
- The work environment and physical demands described below are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of standard office equipment such as computer, keyboard, telephone, fax machine and copier.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods during the day.
- Must be able to safely operate a pallet jack and handcart to handle outgoing material.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds to handle outgoing material.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach with hands or arms to handle outgoing material.