The River Garden’s Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The River Garden’s Rehab and Care Center
Responsible for transporting residents to and from the facility for physician appointments, new admit pickups and personal outings. May assist with loading and unloading of residents or carrying items.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Transport residents from facility to physician appointments, new admit pickups and personal outings.
- Assist residents in and out of vehicle.
- Physically maneuver wheelchair residents up and down ramp or automatic lift;
- Secure wheelchair residents in vehicle.
- Be punctual in attendance and maintain timing schedules.
- Keep operation records and make simple reports.
- Maintain regular checks of the vehicle and report malfunctions to management as soon as possible.
- Assures regular maintenance of vehicle.
- Provide outstanding customer service in transporting of residents.
- Secure and lock vehicle.
- Flexibility in transport schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Roadways in and around the city.
- Traffic and highway safety rules and regulations.
- Precautions necessary to avoid accidents.
- Use and care of equipment and vehicle.
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, family members and associate personnel.
- Operate vehicle in a safe and economical manner.
- Abide by traffic rules and sound traffic practices.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures.
- Work in severe weather conditions; both hot and cold.
Regular contacts with residents, resident family members and associate personnel.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Standing for short periods of time.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stretch and reach frequently.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High school diploma/GED.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate Arizona Driver’s license.
- One year experience in transportation preferred.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Provide driving record from Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles at employee’s expense.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.