Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Driver (20-21 SY)
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Starting Wage: $16.00 - $17.00 an hour
Lead Transportation Specialist
CLASS SUMMARY: Under general supervision, incumbent(s) transports students to and from school, conducts pre-trip inspections of buses, ensures buses are safe and presentable, maintains discipline, and prepares incident documents when appropriate.
Provides transportation for students to and from school including driving through neighborhoods, congested traffic and on major streets while practicing defensive driving methods. Assess emergency breakdowns by determining problem and when to call office for assistance.
Identifies fluid leaks, inadequate air brakes, cooling and heating problems, electrical problems, and other possible bus problems that are conspicuous.
Cleans the bus including floors, seats, windows, exterior, and disposing of trash.
Maintains order on the bus according to state law and District policy by monitoring student behavior in mirror and using public announcement system (pa). Keeps records of all warnings and prepares behavior incident documentation when appropriate. Attends conferences with principals and parents when behavior becomes an on-going problem.
Performs special assignments including driving for field trips in town/state or out of state, and transporting special needs students requiring special accommodations.
Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
· High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
· Valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification within 30 days of hire;
· Valid First Aid certification within 30 days of hire;
· Valid Arizona Department of Transportation Commercial Driver’s License within 30 days of hire;
· Valid Arizona Department of Transportation Driver’s License prior to hire.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
· One year with operating a school bus;
· One year of bus maintenance experience;
· Valid passenger (P) endorsement;
· Valid Department of Transportation physical;
· Proficiency in English and another target language.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
· Understanding traffic laws;
· Applying vehicle safety;
· Applying defensive driving methods;
· Operating a bus;
· Identifying and responding to hazardous situations;
· Applying school disciplinary procedures;
· Maintaining safe environment for children;
· School rules, policies and disciplinary steps;
· Making minor bus repairs as indicated in the essential duties;
· Following established routes for student pick-up and drop off;
· Applying defensive driving techniques;
· Using computer software related programs;
· Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)