Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Director of Transportation
CLASS SUMMARY: Under general direction, incumbent(s) assists with the development and maintenance of the transportation routing system by preparing plots, creating maps, selecting and recommending bus locations and schedules, and inputting and verifying accurate data. Incumbent(s) collaborates with supervisor, transporatation staff, schools and departments to ensure student transportation is efficient and effective. In addition, incumbent(s) serves as a backup bus driver to transport students when requested by supervisor.
Assists with the development and maintenance of the transportation routing system to include maintaining plots, creating maps, recommending bus stop locations and schedules, and ensuring accurate data imported in the software applications. Makes route recommendations to provide maximum and efficient utilization of buses, route length, traffic pattern variability, and ride times.
Selects bus stops and bus stop sequence for student routing according to factors of geography, riding times and route crossover. Reviews and monitors routing system to ensure students are assigned to bus stops in a timely and efficient manner. Troubleshoots and makes necessary revisions of routes to ensure efficiency.
Collaborates with supervisor to respond to transportation needs. Works cooperatively with bus drivers and other transportation staff to ensure route efficiency. Ensures new special education students are transported within mandated time limits and IEP requirements.
Assists in responding to telephone calls from concerned parents, guardians, students, or school staff regarding student bus routing assignments, bus stops and other busing matters. Contacts parents to communicate routing information. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff parents and school issues.
Serves as a reserve bus driver to include transporting students to and from school, conducting pre-trip inspections of buses, ensuring buses are safe and presentable, maintaining discipline, and preparing incident documents when appropriate.
Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
· High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
· Possession of valid Arizona Department of Transportation Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) with a passenger and school bus endorsement.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
· Knowing District policies and procedures;
· Working with Windows server and client operating systems;
· Working with applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint;
· Understanding student management software and information necessary to successfully account for students;
· Analyzing transportation and population information and task flows to determine the best solution to meet the clients’ needs;
· Preparing clear, concise, and informative written reports, correspondence, memorandums, and documentation;
· Reading, interpreting, understanding, and applying federal, state, county, and city laws and regulations;
· Working effectively as a member of a team and applying consensus decision making techniques;
· Making effective presentations clearly conveying technical information to non-technical audiences;
· Organizing tasks and working independently to meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
· Handling difficult and sensitive situations utilizing good judgment;
· Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)