Yankton School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Yankton School District
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for safely transporting students to and from
designated pick-up and drop-off points.
A. Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent
B. Experience Desired: Experience driving school buses is preferred
C. Physical Requirements: This position requires constant sitting, walking and driving. Occasional standing, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, lifting and carrying 50 pounds or more.
D. Other Requirements: Must have a good driving record; a valid Class B CDL driver’s license with school bus and passenger endorsement; must speak and read English affluently; Attends district-sponsored in-services and training activities as assigned by Transportation Director.
REPORTS TO: Bus Supervisor/Mechanic
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Transportation Director, Director of Student Services,
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Transports students in a safe, timely and courteous manner by prescribed routes as assigned.
- Controls behavior of children while operating bus.
- Communicates effectively including speaking on two-way radio.
- Performs daily bus safety and operational checks.
- Maintains assigned bus in a clean and presentable manner.
- Reports deficiencies to immediate supervisor for repair and maintenance.
- Complies with South Dakota Department of Transportation and local traffic regulations.
- Completes all forms, records and reports as required by state or local school district policies.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with other drivers, school staff and parents
- Provides assistance to students boarding and disembarking the bus; assures that seat belts (where appropriate) are securely fastened and wheelchairs (where appropriate) are locked in place
- Maintains confidential information regarding students, their families and school matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)