YMCA of Greater Long Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Van Driver - Los Altos Family YMCA
at YMCA of Greater Long Beach
The Los AltosFamily YMCA is looking for part time Youth Vehicle Driver(s) to drive children participating in the YMCA before and after school program . As a vehicle driver, individual’s top priority is safety. It is also important to build positive working relationships with the children, parents and coworkers.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Drive vehicle safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
- Ensure safety of children, making sure they are picked up and dropped off at appropriate locations.
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and records all information.
- Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms.
- Cleans out bus each day.
- Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
- Ensures that van rules are announced and followed.
We are looking for a Youth Vehicle Driver(s) who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the children, parents and coworkers is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission and Community Oriented: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
People Oriented: Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Results Oriented: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Supports fundraising. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
Personal Development Oriented: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- First Aid and CPR
- Must meet California and Federal requirements and YMCA Transportation qualifications regarding MVR report and maintain satisfactory driving record.
- Must complete Association Training and testing program.
- Must have current Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Class B/Youth Bus or Class C license.
- Criminal Clearance including fingerprints
- MVR report
- Negative Drug Test Sreening, Health Exam to include TB test and clearance
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Complete all online required training(s).
- Experience as a van driver preferred.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate to loud. While in this position the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.